Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Happy Halloween

I'm really trying hard to think what we did last year for Halloween. I DO remember a ward party. It was a jack o lantern contest and dinner. Jared and I carved our pumpkins to look like missionaries...so creative, we thought. Unfortunately, no one in our ward really wanted to be our friend (married student ward in Utah...bad experience). We walked around to different tables to compliment people on their jack-o-lanterns (make new friends). But instead, people just stopped talking, we endured a few seconds of awkward silence, made an uncomfortable giggle or two, and left, only to hear the people start talking again!



Oh, now I remember! Jared got diagnosed with mono! I left work in my vampire costume to take him to the doctor. That night, we made it to Kelly and Spencer's house for delicious homemade bagels and soup.





Now...on to this Halloween! What a difference it is having a child!
First of all, Noah got us free candy and even pizza. We went downtown to the "Goblin Parade." All the local businesses handed out candy to all the little trick-or-treaters. However, I have a teensy weensy bone to pick with most of them. WHY DUM DUM SUCKERS?!?!?! They are the absolute most gross candy that was ever invented. The sucker is so small, you can't even enjoy it because it is so awkward in your mouth. They also taste terrible (minus the rootbeer ones, which I still hate, but my husband for some reason, loves). They have the most funky flavors, like scooby doo mystery (oh boy) and cotton candy (sugary grossness).
Anyways, after the parade, we went to the mall for more walking around. We stopped getting candy from anyone for two reasons. #1. We had a year supply of dum-dums. and #2. We got tired of hearing people say, "Is he really going to eat that?"
That night, we went to the Jensen's for chili, cornbread, desserts, games, and friends.
DOES ANYONE LIKE HOLIDAYS AS MUCH AS ME?!?!?





11 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good......

Mama A said...

I want a copy of your family picture. I think it would be a good one for Grandma's wall. You can also send all the ones of Noah also. He's getting so big and I love his smile. I told you it would be fun having a little boy and I bet Jared would agree too.

Hillary said...

I hope you enjoyed your chili and cornbread for Halloween... We definitely enjoyed ours!

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney about the people that stoped talking to you when you and your hubby walked up now i don't know him but i know you and they are missin out on a wonderful friend so their loss. and the dum dums Noah will love them when he is 2 and they are perfect for alittle treat. Glad you had fun with your son on his first Halloween. He is so cute!

B and C said...

Cute Family picture!!! That is priceless, you guys look so happy:) Oh, by the way I like the rootbeer ones too lol

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

You see there is no irony in the fact that they named them Dum Dums. I would have to agree with you and yes... they are dumb! You guys all look so great!

Anonymous said...

I wish it was in Great Falls, but we live in PA, about 40 min from Pittsburgh.

Amy said...

I remember your vampire costume from last year, it made me laugh whenever you would make your vampire face. Love it. By the way, you are looking GORGEOUS. You look really happy, which makes me happy. I love you!

Kiki said...

the cream soda dum dums are awesome! you guys look so cute and happy. what a sweet boy!

M said...

i remember your vampire costume!!! and you are such a cute cute mommy.

Jen and Ty said...

Courtney- Noah is so cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. I would love too talk to you and catch up! I am glad you are loving life so much...you look fabulous!