- First of all, I finished my race on Saturday! I did better than I thought I would (2h 18m), considering that I decided about 3 weeks ago that I would run the half. My splits were 10:37 and I would like to blame the :37 on the DEADLY hill at the end! I am not talking about a sissy incline. It was a MOUNTAIN that we were expected to run at the last mile. So hard. So, yeah, my last mile point one was like 13 minutes.
- Let's talk more about the race. I got 188th place out of 382 girls and 535th place overall (out of 813 runners)! (HA HA HA) I felt awesome when I read that on the result board.
- Jared, on the other hand did much better than me. He had 8:05 splits for a total time of 1:45:44. He was happy and sad about it. Sad only b/c he ran the first 10 miles at 7:40 pace and then bonked and slowed down more than he wanted to.
- Our next race is next weekend in Kansas City! It is a Wizard of Oz theme. I am running the cleverly named "Wickedly Fast Half" and Jared is doing the "Oz Marathon." I'm praying for minimal hills. Thank goodness its in Kansas!
- I have lately been feeling a need to...well, should I say learn how to cook? I'm 28 years old, I've been married for almost 4 years, I guess now would be a good time.
- I have thought on and off about improving in this area for a long time, but yesterday as we sat down to our Sunday family dinner of macaroni and cheese, I realized that the time has come.
- I think having family meals are important. When I look back on my childhood, we always sat down together and ate. And the foods we ate were home cooked, healthy, and delicious. I want to do that. I TRY to do that. But I'm still falling short.
- Let me explain real quick for those of you who are beginning to think I am lazy, WHY I don't like to cook. The bottom line is: I just don't care that much about eating. It just seems like so much effort to make something that is usually not appreciated and then just makes even more of a mess. I would honestly rather clean than cook. In most instances, I eat so that I'm not hungry anymore. And so I'd rather just make something as fast as possible to take the hunger away so I can get back to whatever else I'm doing. Exception: Mexican food, cheesecake, & baked goods.
- However, I realize that what I do directly affects 3 other people now and those people do not share the same feelings I have for eating! So, for the good of the family, I want to be better.
- I need some healthy cooking blogs to follow- do you have one or know of any good ones?
- I'm going to try doing one new recipe each week to add to my trusty standbys...lasagne, pasta casserole, tuna fish casserole, fajitas, enchiladas, stirfry, and pizza. Since that has essentially been our weekly menu for the last 4 years, I'm beginning to GAG just reading that list.
- Seriously, if you can help me, I need it!