This last weekend we were in Kansas City running again. Jared ran his first marathon and I ran another half. Jared's first words after running 26.2 miles were "never again." Two days later, he decided he was mad at his time and he was going to do it again. I guess he wants to show that marathon who is boss!
Here are some pictures. Then, I will share a few facts about the race.
The kidlets came with. Here we are in the car waiting for something.
Pre-race meal. Macaroni Grill. Seriously bad idea. This was my 6th half marathon. You would think I would know this by now. NEVER go for a creamy dish before running a race- even if there are lots of carbs in your plate. YOU WILL REGRET IT!
I have no pictures of myself at the finish line because there was no one waiting for me at the finish line. However, here is Jared... a few steps away from victory!
Caleb (Jared's bro) who ran with him and Jared. Post race. Tired:
And a family shot.
In order to not be a complainer, I will simply list the facts about my race.
- It was 38 degrees with 22 mph wind while we were running.
- I had to use the restroom BAD at mile 4. I waited until mile 8 when I could no longer wait and stood in line at a port-a-potty for 5 minutes.
- Mile 4-8 were miserable. Fact.
- Both my shoes came untied at different times.
- My hands were numb from the cold, making it difficult to tie my shoelaces.
- I tied my right shoe too tight and my foot went numb at mile 10.
- My I-pod was dead at the start line. Noah must've got to it when I wasn't looking and turned it on. I still had to run with my Ipod though.
- Jared and Caleb were running when I crossed the finish line and Becca (Caleb's wife) was at our hotel with their kid and mine. After I finished racing, I had to hop in my car and drive back to pick up the kids so we could all make it back in time for Jared and Caleb to finish.
- I got passed at the very end by a girl with a SERIOUSLY BIG BOOTY. I'm talking at least 10 times as big as mine.
- I got my second slowest half time. 2:23. I believe the previous factors had something to do with that.
And if any of you have any questions for Jared about the marathon, we need to get him on here to answer them! His race was much more interesting than mine!