Sunday, February 27, 2011

The World

Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die 

 


I want to see the world.  And I want my kids to see it too.  I feel like the more we are able to travel, the less pressure we will put on ourselves to "Keep up with the Jones" and the more grateful we will be for everything we have in our lives.

Jared and I have a world map hanging in Noah's room that we love to go and stare at.  We put pins in all the places that we have been to together.  We hope to be able to put pins all over the world, but especially in:
  • Peru (I need to see Machu Pichu.  Jared's been and loved it.  But no pin until we are both there together.  I also love peruvian food and want to eat some while in that country)
  • Venezuela (Angel Falls)
  • Brazil
  • Argentina (of course, as I'm typing these, I would like to add..."if they are safe." If the countries hate Americans, I do not want to be there.)
  • Hong Kong
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • England (we are going next year, yay!)
  • France
  • Switzerland
  • Holland
  • Egypt
  • South Africa
  • Greece
  • Alaska
  • Costa Rica
  • Japan
  • Thailand
  • Oregon
  • Maine
Ok, I now realize I could type forEVER all the places that we want to go to, so for now, you can just have a taste. ha ha  Jared needs to start making some serious ca$h so we can check these off the list.  One day, when we have a really fancy office, I want to have a fancy world map in a frame behind the island desk and in between the custom bookshelves.  Ahh, one day!

5 comments:

B and C said...

Totally one of our life goals too...I just love going to new places.

Hillary said...

Machu Picchu is amazing! It was incredible even though I was puking from vertigo! England is fun and so green. I've been there quite a few times since my parents live there. I would love to see the world too. I love experiencing other cultures.

amy kay said...

Place you could cross of your list this summer at my wedding because you should totally come: Oregon. Boom.

Briawna said...

You must go to Italy and I must go with you...unless I missed it and you already went. :-) I think we should make it a girls' trip and visit the sappy love spots in Europe.

Carlie: said...

I love that you have all these exotic foreign places...and then OREGON! I love people that appreciate Oregon. :) You definitely have a place to stay when you check it off of your list! :)