Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blog Makeover

Alright. I'll be the first to admit that my blog has gotten
 L-A-M-E.
I update it about once a month and try to recap what we do.  But I am tired of doing that.  I stopped liking to blog.  It became a chore.
The last thing I need is another chore.
So, I decided to change some things.
I made a list of what I do pretty much everyday.  My REAL life.
-laundry
-cleaning
-organizing
-kids
-Dora
-making meals
-cleaning them up
-working out
-getting ready
-teaching piano
-kids to bed
And then throw in the occasional holiday, get together, date, and/or trip.  And that is my life.  Now when I first looked at my list, I thought- I must be the most boring person living today.  Why can't I be creative and fun like my friend Sheena or trendy and cool like Chelsea?  But then I took a step back and thought- Why can't I be content just being me?  While my life doesn't seem super exciting, I really do love it! And I'm ready to embrace that.

So, here's to me blogging about my every-day.  I want to capture this phase of my life where I am able to stay at home with my little kids.  and where the most exciting part of my day may or may not be getting to take a shower.  I have a feeling that I am not the only one out there that feels the same way.

I hope you will see me a little more often on here.  Yea, I am actually really excited about it!

3 comments:

Scotty and Chels said...

Courtney! You are too nice and too funny! Your life sounds pretty much just like mine except I go to work, which is pretty boring. It's funny how blogs have a tendency to make us women feel bad about ourselves! I decided a while ago with my blog makeover that I wasn't going 2 let that happen anymore! Yeah, only blog if you like it and it makes you happy! I love hearing about your life!

Hillary said...

I know how you feel. Blogging was boring to me and I had a hard time coming up with things to say. I think you are awesome!

Natasha said...

I can totally relate. Sometimes I feel so boring but hey that's real life and we can ALL relate. I've been enjoying doing the 30-day challenge because it forces me to be creative but lets be honest half of the time I stay in my sweats until late in the afternoon. =)