Monday, August 12, 2013

On My Mind

A lot has happened since the last time I posted anything.  Jared has been working some insane hours.  Like 90 hours a couple weeks ago.  60 hours for 6 weeks before that.  On top of that, he has been doing his MBA, which he just completed his first year (hooray).  One year left.  That will be such a happy day!!! 

Suzy has successfully potty trained again for the third time.  The UTI's earlier this year threw us for a huge loop and we had to put it off for a while because she was terrified to go potty in the toilet.  She associated the toilet with her UTI.  But luckily, about 3 weeks ago, her too small for her diaper that she was wearing, gave her an owie (sp?) and I ran with that! ("Suz, your diapers are giving you owies now! Your body is telling you it wants to wear big girl underwear and go potty in the toilet!")  It worked! Yay!  She's still probably only at 80% success so there are still accidents to clean up, but I'm proud of her and glad we don't have to buy so many diapers!

This week I'm getting LASIK!!! I'm so excited to never have to wear glasses or contacts again.  Tomorrow is my Pre-Op appointment and then on Thursday, it's the surgery.  I've had to wear glasses for almost 3 weeks now to let my corneas go back to their natural/normal state.  HUGE PAIN IN THE BOOTY!  But only a few days left.  I'll have to do a follow up post to talk about the actual surgery and the results in case anyone is interested!

Noah starts Kindergarten next week!  We are so excited (we being me and Noah!) There is no sad mama here. Of course, I'll miss having the little guy around, but he is so ready. He has been talking about Kindergarten since he was 2 years old!  I think he's going to do great.  A lot of parents I think have questioned us for putting him in school (trend is definitely to hold your kid back) with his smaller size and because his birthday is July 27 and the cut off is Aug 1- but I think anyone who really knows Noah knows that he is 100000% ready for school.  Yes, he's wearing size 2T and 3T clothes, but mentally, socially, emotionally, and every other way- he is prepared and ready! 






1 comment:

Amy said...

Uh, I think noah is ready for 1st grade. He is brilliant! Good luck with your lasik this week.