Saturday, June 7, 2008

This week

Well, Lu left for San Diego on Friday :( for her new job as a traveling nurse. I'm proud of her though. I drove out to Sandy to say goodbye- we had a great time. We went out for Mexican, then to the mall. Of course, I couldn't afford anything, since all my money is going to the baby $$$.


Today, I went to Jana's bridal shower- I'm so excited for her! She's getting married in August to a guy that reminds me a little of Jared. Lucky us!


Here is the GINORMOUS picture of myself at 33 weeks. Can't believe it.



This is a picture from a couple weeks ago, when I bought a ton of baby clothes on sale. All I can think about these days is BABY, BABY, BABY. I also think the nesting phase has officially begun. I cannot stop cleaning! And organizing. In fact, there is honestly nothing left to clean or organize. Last night, my mind was swirling so much, I woke up at 3:30 am and could not get back to sleep. That will make for a really long day---and I'm trying to make time go by fast until Jared comes back! (Tuesday...almost here!!!)




Speaking of baby, here's a funny story of the diaper bag I just bought.
So, I walk into Baby's R Us about a week ago, looking around. I find this diaper bag and fall in love with it. I'm on the phone talking with Jared before I spend the $$$ to buy it (it was kinda expensive) and telling him how perfect it is. Suddenly, a "salesperson" interupts me to ask me if the diaper bag I was gonna buy had a plastic lining in it. We looked and it did. Then she started asking me about the shoulder strap (I'm still on the phone), so I got off the phone and she had me go over to the diaper bag shelves with her. She then started bashing the bag that I picked out and telling me that it wasn't big enough. She tried to sell me a huge, ugly duffel bag. She was so annoying that I finally put back the bag I had picked out. I felt like if I bought the Columbia bag, that she would make me feel like the hugest idiot. Plus, I just wanted out of the store! What kind of salesperson convinces you not to buy something?!
Anyways, the next day, I regreted not buying the bag. I looked it up on the internet and found a ton of positive reviews (I know, how lame am I to spend my time researching diaper bags on the internet!?!?) To make a long story short, I went back a few days later. The first person I see when I walk in was the "unsalesperson." I walked right by her, picked up the bag, and went to the checkout. The cashier told me how awesome the bag was, and then the person behind me asked where I got it because she wanted one. I looked up at the stupid worker, who was now staring at me, gave her a big smile, while slinging my new diaper bag over my shoulder. What an experience!


4 comments:

Atkins Family said...

I totally do that same thing! I look everything up on the internet before I buy it! Isn't it fun buying baby stuff! I can't wait to go shopping when I come home!

Griffin Family said...

I do the same thing too! I was always looking at reviews before I bought anything! That's funny! Good for you for getting the diaper bag you want!

Anonymous said...

It looks really cute to me! And i think its a good size. You don't want that is too big anyway. Did you get it in red? Love it. Miss you! When i was looking at your cute picture in the red shirt (which is an extreamly cute shirt by the way!) It really sunk in, that your pregnant and going to have a baby! Silly to say, but i haven't really thought about it like that before. I am SOO excited for you. I really really really hope you can come to Florida because i want to see that baby! and pretty much you are going to be the best mom ever.

Jamie Densley Fieber said...

Love reading your posts! I'm so excited for you to have the baby! What else do you need? I'm stuck with trying to figure out what I can get you?